The Centre for Development Research and Training (CDRT) is intended to fill a long-standing void in Public Administration by linking the training and development function on one side and policy research on the other.
- Identifies the training and development needs of Public Officers in the light of Government
priorities and policy directions;
- Provides advice and support in relation to identifying and meeting training and development
- Designs and delivers training and development programmes that are accredited as and where
appropriate, whether at vocational or higher levels;
- Enters into arrangements with the University of Malta and other institutions for the purpose of
- Carries out research on Public Administration issues in particular those that give rise to
training and development needs.
-Facilitates the implementation of corporate projects in the fields of Human Resources Management, Human Resources Development, employee support and wellbeing.